Like the Helsinki Declaration, which forever altered the ethical landscape of human clinical research, the aim of the Basel Declaration is to bring the scientific community together to further advance the implementation of ethical principles such as the 3Rs whenever animals are being used and to call for more trust, transparency and communication on the sensitive topic of animals in research. The Basel Declaration Society, founded on October 5th. 2011, strive to promote the Basel Declaration. Visit gallery...
- Interview at the II Bioethics Symposium (UTAD) with board member Dr. Nuno Franco about the importance of animal research, transparency and ethics, 18th February 2017 (youtube-video)
- European Journal of Internal Medicine - Animal testing is still the best way to find new treatments for patients, by Silivio Garattini and Basel Declaration Society board member Giuliano Grignaschi, 2nd December 2016
- The Senate Commission of Animal Protection and Experimentation - Animal Experimentation in Research,
published by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation)
- Ailson Abbott in Nature, Monkeying around, 20th April 2016
- 'A minha Tese', Dr. Nuno Franco, board member of the BDS, presents his career path. His publications include areas such as animal welfare and animal ethics. 3rd March 2016 (youtube-video)